Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Milestones!

I don't want to brag (although it is fun!!) about all of the new milestones I have been reaching in just a few short weeks.

I went from being able to do NO Pull Ups, to 3 days ago, doing 3 in a band, and today I got up to 7! WoWzers! I have also been adding running to my warm ups, even though I dread it, but I push myself past the markers from the last time I ran just to get that much further! At the beginning of CrossFit, (rampup) I was only able to run approx. 50m before I was out of breath! Now, I can go about 100m further and hit the 150m mark before I need a break! WoWzers AGAIN. That is 3x the distance in about 6 months!

Some of you reading this are probably thinkin', yeah yeah, 150m, that's peanuts...but seriously when you have been told since childhood you suck at especially this particular sport, you really loose the will to even try, any meter more is awesome.

So all this bragging isn't to one up anyone, or try to compete with anyone but myself! It is amazing to watch and be apart of so many people pushing their limits and reaching new milestones...

With that said, I learned something very important yesterday at a business meeting. YES, I said a Business meeting....

A motivational speaker/business success counselor spoke about ones Value. Basically, her point was, you need to value yourself, ideas, talents, or why would anyone else? People WANT to see the confidence in you, especially in a business setting. Why are you providing the services you do, and why would someone come to you for them? So when I went home, I took this info a little bit further and realized even more.

Jesus told us "to love your neighbor as yourself." You can find this in Luke 10:27 as well as a couple other places in the NT.  I was thinking...I mean come on, Jesus gave His life up for me...!!!! The creator of the universe holds me to a higher value than I have ever had for myself, and every time I feel like I'm not good enough, I just need to think of the cross and what Christ did for me.... but to take it a step  further, if I have a low value on my own self, then that translates in to how I can love and value others! (not very well) So I am holding myself at a much higher value, because God's creations are valuable! He sure thought so, and so should I.

Conclusion: The more I turn to the Cross, the more I learn how to value myself because of what Christ has done for me. This will then translate into being able to value and love others as much as I value and love myself.



0 comments:

Post a Comment